Bid Posting Date: December 16, 2018
Project: Valdez Swimming Pool Renovation
Contract Number: 1422
Bids Due: Sealed bids will be accepted until 2:00pm local time on January 16, 2019
Pre-Bid Meeting: **UPDATED** January 7, 2019, at 2:00pm (Non-Mandatory)
This project includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
Base Bid Scope of Work
1. Replacement of the existing plaster and tile finish, depth markers, concrete gutters and main drain grate covers in both the lap pool and wading pool.
2. Refinishing of the existing swimming pool area concrete deck with new slip resistant finish.
3. Installation of metal grid ceiling and acoustical panels in the natatorium.
4. Replacement of all light fixtures in Natatorium.
5. Installation of new metal security gate at existing stairs.
6. New mechanical plumbing from pool mechanical room to new pool gutters.
7. Other miscellaneous work as indicated in the drawings.
Base Bid Alternates:
1. Additive Alternate No. 1 – Work includes: Replacement of light fixtures, mechanical equipment, and plumbing fixtures with new fixtures in the locker rooms, family change room, and reception & waiting areas. Reconfiguration of the locker room showers with new floor, wall and ceiling finishes. Replacement of Locker room and change room lockers and benches with new lockers and benches. Replacement of Reception counter with new reception counter, and new floor, wall, and ceiling finishes. Replacement of exterior doors as scheduled, with new insulated hollow metal doors and new door hardware. Installation of new wire mesh door assemblies along Grid ‘A’ at the locker room entrances, and at the stairwell to the mezzanine.
2. Additive Alternate No. 2 – Work includes: Installation of new swimming pool slide, new slide landing pad, new slide pump, and all other mechanical and electrical work associated with the slide installation.