Energy Assistance Program
The Valdez City Council supports a 2023 Energy Assistance Program to help local residents relieve some of the energy costs this winter, subject to appropriations. The program offers an energy credit of $550.00 per household that can be applied to either a residential/commercial electric account or a residential/commercial fuel oil account. The program is voluntary and requires pre-registration to be considered.
- Register at City Hall November 1, 2022 - December 30, 2022 between 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Extended hours until 7:00 pm on December 8th and December 30th.
- Registration ends at the close of business on December 30 2022, 7:00 pm.
- NEW! Online application process - visit https://bit.ly/3T1GlyU to complete the online application. Have your documentation ready to upload at the prompts.
- Registration forms are available at City Hall and can be downloaded from this webpage
- Verification of local residency will be required during registration, so please bring along a valid ID and a recent (within last 3 months) electric or fuel bill containing: (1) Your name or business name (2) Physical address (3) Account number for where the energy credit is to be applied.
- Business and commercial users are eligible. A copy of the current business license is required at the time of registration.
- Eligible applicants may register via US Mail as long as all required documentation is attached to a notarized registration form and all information is received in City Hall by December 30, 2022. Postmarks will not be accepted.
- Only one credit will be applied per dwelling.
- For a residence to qualify it must be the primary residence of the individual applying for the credit; there must be an active electric or fuel oil account associated with this residence in the name of the individual applying for the credit; it must be physically located within the city limits of Valdez; and no other person or business may apply for an energy credit for the same dwelling.
- Business and commercial users are eligible.
- Participants will be required to completely fill out and sign a registration form with all required information; their signature certifying to their local residency and agreeing to indemnify the city against any action or consequence resulting from the program.
- Following registration the city will issue payment directly to each of the three providers (the two fuel companies and the electric cooperative); along with a list of account numbers indicating where the credits are to be applied.
- The city will take advantage of the registration process to request other data which will enable the city to better serve the residents of Valdez.
- For more details on the program, please call City Hall at 835-4313