Notice to Taxpayers - City of Valdez - 2021 Property Tax Bills
The City of Valdez 2021 Property Tax Statements were mailed on July 1, 2021.
- Your property taxes may be paid in two separate payments. The first half of your balance is due by August 16, 2021. The remaining balance is due by October 15, 2021.
- Should you opt to pay your taxes in one lump sum, please pay the entirety by August 16, 2021.
- In order to avoid penalties and interest charges, your payment must be received or postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on the due date.
How Can I Pay?
- You may pay your property tax bill with cash, check, money order, debit card, or credit card.
- You may pay online through your existing City of Valdez Xpress Bill Pay Account, or you may create an online payment account by visiting www.valdezak.gov and clicking "Online Bill Pay".
- To make your payment in person, pay at the City of Valdez City Hall, located at 212 Chenega Avenue. You may mail checks or money orders to PO Box 307, Valdez, AK 99686.
- You will receive just ONE bill which contains the payment coupons for both the first and the second half taxes.
- It is the responsibility of the property owner to contact the City of Valdez Finance Department if a tax bill has not been received.
- If you have a mortgage and are in doubt about payment responsibility, please contact your mortgage company.
Questions? Need more information?
Contact the City Finance Department (Angela Salvania) at 907.834.3475 x1 or email@example.com.