Rec Pass Membership

What is a Rec Pass?Rec Pass Membership Card

The Rec Pass is available to both residents and non-residents. The card allows for free daily admission to the Valdez City Pool and reduced rates on Parks & Recreation programs, events, and facility rentals. The Rec Pass is FREE for Valdez residents with proof of residency. Non-residents may purchase a Rec Pass in three-month increments.

The Rec Pass is completely optional and is not required to register for any Parks & Recreation programs. The card simply allows the cardholder reduced rates on Parks & Recreation services. Anyone who chooses not to use the Rec Pass program will pay all program fees and be subject to daily admission fees at the swimming pool.

 Rec Pass Benefits

  • Free daily admission to the Valdez City Pool.
  • 10% discount on program registration and facility rentals*.
  • Benefits are subject to change based on community needs and department resources.
  • *Discount does not apply to facility rental scheduling fees or rental add-ons.

How Do I Get a Rec Pass?

Rec Pass cards may be obtained at the Woodman Recreation Center or Valdez City Pool. Please bring proper proof of residency or military service (see requirements below). We will not be able to issue a Rec Pass without proper documentation. Each family member will need his or her own card to receive card benefits. Youth (ages 3-17) must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to receive a Rec Pass. 

Rec Pass Types and Fees

Pass TypeAge(s)FeeDuration
Non-Resident (Senior)62+$553-month
Non-Resident (Adult)18-61$903-month
Non-Resident (Youth)3-17$553-month
Non-Resident (Military)18+$553-month
Non-Resident (ADA)AllFree

Residency Requirements

A resident is anyone who permanently resides within Valdez city limits. Individuals must provide proof of residency using one of the following forms:

  • Valid photo ID (driver's license or state ID card) showing city address or local P.O. Box.
  • If photo ID does not show a valid city address or P.O. Box, you will need one of the following additional documents:
    • Utility Bill (gas, electric, telephone, etc.) from the last three months.
    • Voter Registration
    • Vehicle Registration
    • Insurance Card
    • Current Residential Lease

Military Requirements

Any active duty personnel or honorably discharged veteran of the US Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard must provide proof of military service in one of the following forms:

  • Active-duty/Reserve/National Guard: 
    • Current Military ID card
    • Active-duty paperwork
  • Veterans*
    • Veterans ID card
    • Veterans Health ID card
    • State ID card with Veteran designation
    • DD-214 or DD-215 form
    • Veterans Affairs proof of service letter.

*No documents will be retained by the City of Valdez.