How To Register
We offer three easy and convenient ways to register!
- Online - NEW!
- Registrations are accepted at the Woodman Recreation Center (414 W. Hanagita St.) during regular business hours (Monday - Friday; 9:00am - 4:30pm) .
- Call (907) 835-4526 during regular business hours (Monday - Friday; 9:00am - 4:30pm).
- Registration is on a first-come, first served basis.
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
- Parks and Recreation reserves the right to cancel a program if a minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Registrations received after 5:00 PM within five calendars days prior to the start of the program are not guaranteed to be accepted and will be subject to staff availability.
- Program Age Requirements: Children must meet the program age requirements by the time the program starts. For programs that are for specific grades, children outside the expected age range for their grades, based on the Valdez City School District’s age cutoff date, will be considered on a case by case basis.
The Valdez Parks and Recreation scholarship program is designed to give families in need the opportunity for their children to experience recreational activities and programs. While it is our intent to provide recreation activities to all residents, limitations on how much individuals and families can use have been put into place. This ensures that each child will be able to participate in at least one activity per year.
Scholarship Definition: A "scholarship" refers to any type of financial aid used to offset or subsidize the costs of parks and recreation participation. Scholarships are only available to children under the age of 18.
Eligibility: To be considered for a scholarship, need must be demonstrated. Documentation needs to be shown at the time of registration. To protect the privacy of our participants, staff will use visual verification only. No copies of the document will be kept.
One need is demonstrated, participants will be authorized a scholarship, subject to the limitations listed below. Proof of need can be in several forms, including, but not limited to:
- Enrollment in WIC.
- Enrollment in reduced or free lunch program at the school district.
- Proof of welfare or other type of low-income subsidy.
Limitations: Each year, there will be a $2,500 scholarship limit set within the Parks and Recreation Department. This is the maximum amount of scholarships that can be given out for the year. Once this maximum amount is reached, no other scholarships will be granted without prior written approval of the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Director or his/her designee.
Each household is limited to one scholarship per child, per year. If additional scholarships are needed, the director may authorize up to one additional scholarship for each child.
- 100% of the program fee paid will be refunded if PRCS cancels a program for any reason.
- 100% of the program fee paid will be refunded if the cancellation request is submitted more than one-week prior to the start of the program.
- 50% of the program fee paid will be refunded if the cancellation request is submitted within seven-days of the start of the program
- No refunds will be given if the request is received after the start of the program.
- Refunds will be issued within 45-days of the requested date.