Valdez COVID-19 Community Information
Page last updated on 05.3.2022
Tested Positive or Exposed to COVID?
If you have been exposed to COVID-19, feel sick, or know someone who is, it’s important to act quickly to protect your health and the health of others. Treatments are available, please contact your local medical provider as soon as possible. For additional information, visit State of Alaska Health & Social Services COVID-19.
Please visit the Alaska State COVID-19 Cases Dashboard to view statewide statistical data. This dashboard tracks cases, deaths, and hospitalizations caused by COVID-19 in the State of Alaska.
To view COVID-19 integrated county data, please visit CDC COVID-19 Community Levels. This data is also provided on the Alaska State COVID-19 Cases Dashboard, third tab on the dashboard, titled: CDC COVID-19 Community Levels.
COVID-19 Vaccination in Valdez
All three brands of COVID-19 vaccine are available in Valdez.
Residents and visitors ages five and older are eligible for vaccination.
Appointments are required.
Click here for current CDC recommendations regarding vaccination for immunocompromised individuals. If you or a loved one fall into this category, please speak with your physician for more information.
Booster vaccinations are available in Valdez for those eligible.
- CDC currently states all those 12 years and older should receive a booster vaccination.
- Boosters are recommended six months after receiving your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccination.
- Boosters are recommended two months after receiving Johnson & Johnson vaccination.
- Boosters can be a different brand of vaccine than what you received for your first dose(s).
Making Your Vaccine Appointment
Vaccination administration is now offered in a clinical setting by the following Valdez providers, by appointment only:
If you are a business or organization looking to schedule vaccination for your employees or clients/customers, please contact one of the providers listed above to discuss your situation.
Those being vaccinated will make an appointment for their second dose of vaccine, if applicable, during their first dose appointment.
COVID-19 Testing Options in Valdez
Several different options exist in Valdez for COVID-19 testing, and are, in most cases, at no out-of-pocket cost to the patient.
If you have questions about what type of test you should receive, please contact your physician or the Valdez public health nurse for guidance.
Rapid Testing Options - By Appointment Only
PCR Testing Options - By Appointment Only
(PCR testing turnaround time is currently three to five days, so please plan ahead.)
If you are a business or organization seeking testing for a group of five or more people, please contact a testing location at least 48 hours in advance of your desired appointment date. This helps ensure local testing locations have enough time to coordinate personnel and testing equipment to accommodate your request.
Contact your medical provider for any questions about insurance coverage for testing.
Resources for More Information:
- What To Do If You Are Feeling Sick or Exposed to COVID-19
- Information About Variants
- COVID-19 Treatment Options (Outpatient)
- COVID-19 Treatment Options (Hospital Based)
- Information Regarding Booster Vaccination
- State of Alaska DHSS Data Response Hub
Local Resource Links:
- Valdez School District COVID-19 Resource Page
- Sound Wellness Alliance Network (SWAN) Facebook Page
- City of Valdez Facebook Page
- Valdez Neighbors Facebook Page - Want to volunteer to help others in the community? Need help yourself? Know others who need help? Contact the Neighbors to get connected!
Points of Contact:
- Please forward all health, symptoms, screening, quarantine, or isolation related questions to your physician or the Valdez public health nurse (907.835.4612).
- City COVID-19 Response Operations: Aaron Baczuk, city emergency manager, firstname.lastname@example.org