Boards & Commissions Appointment
Appointments are made prior to the term expiration on any given board, commission or task force. The City Clerk's office will accept applications throughout the year for any board or commission.
Applications & Submission Requirements
Interested citizens may apply for a board or commission utilizing either the online application page or by submitting a paper application. If you need assistance with the application process, please contact the deputy city clerk at (907) 834-3468 or email@example.com.
Option 1: Apply Online
To apply for a board online, click here: COV Boards & Commissions Page
Click the blue "Apply for a Board" button. Complete the online application and click the green "submit" button. If your application was successfully submitted, you will receive a "Thank You For Applying" message.
If you need additional time to complete your online application, click the grey "save for later" button.
Option 2: Apply by Paper Application
Paper applications may be obtained in the city clerk's office or in PDF format below.
Please note: The universal paper application can be printed for applying for any board/commission position, with the exception of the Economic Diversification Commission which requires a different paper application.
Please submit a completed paper application to the city clerk's office by email, by fax at (907) 835-2992, in person, or by mail to: City of Valdez
Attn: Deputy City Clerk
212 Chenega Avenue
P.O. Box 307
Valdez, AK 99686
City clerk's office staff will manually input paper application data into the electronic boards/commissions system on behalf of the applicant. Original paper applications will be kept on file.
October 2021 Vacancies
- Economic Diversification Commission: One vacancy due to normal term expiration. Appointee to serve a two-year term, expiring September 2024.
- Parks & Recreation Commission: Two vacancies due to normal term expiration. Appointees to each serve a two-year term, expiring October 2024.
- Application deadline for all October 2021 vacancies is October 13th for appointment by Council at their October 19th regular meeting.
November 2021 Vacancies
- Permanent Fund Investment Committee: One vacancy due to normal term expiration. Appointee will serve a three-year term, expiring November 2024.
- Planning & Zoning Commission: Two vacancies due to normal term expiration and/or resignation. Appointees to each serve a three-year term, expiring November 2024.
- Alaska Gasline Port Authority: One vacancy due to normal term expiration. Appointee will serve a four-year term, expiring November 2025.
- Application deadline for all November 2021 vacancies is November 17th for appointment by Council at their November 23rd regular meeting.
December 2021 Vacancies
January 2022 Vacancies
- VMHA Board of Directors: Five vacancies due to normal term expiration and/or resignation. Appointees to each serve a three-year term, expiring January 2025.
- Application deadline TBD.