Safety is our #1 Priority!
For the safety and enjoyment of all pool users, we ask that you please follow all pool rules, safety policies and instructions from lifeguards during your visit.
Valdez Parks & Recreation staff reserves the right to enforce any additional rules they feel necessary to maintain a safe and friendly environment for all pool users, including the right to ask persons displaying disruptive behavior to the leave the facility.
Swim Wear Requirements
- All swimmers must wear a swimsuit made of swimsuit material.
- Athletic shorts, underwear, sports bra and other clothing not designed specifically for use in a swimming pool is prohibited.
- Swim diapers are required for children not toilet trained.
- Children 6 years old and older are asked to use a gender appropriate locker room or the family change room if they need assistance.
- Children 8 years old and younger must have an adult with them in the water within arm's reach at all times.
- Children 9 - 11 years old must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
- All swimmers must shower prior to entering the swimming pool.
- Changing clothes, including diapers, on deck is prohibited. Changing tables are available in the locker rooms for your convenience.
- Street shoes are prohibited on deck. Shoe racks are available in the lobby for your convenience.
- Foul language, spitting, horseplay, fighting or abusive behavior is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- No running, pushing, shoving, dunking or rough housing of any kind is permitted.
- Swimmer cannot be on another individual's shoulders.
- Ball must stay in the competition pool. Throwing any objects between pools is prohibited.
- No flips or backwards dives from the edge of the pool.
- No diving in the shallow end of the pool. Diving is restricted to water that is at least 10-feet deep.
- No breath-holding games.
- No flotation devices or inflatables are allowed in the deep end.
- Fins, kick-boards, and pull buoys are allowed during lap swim only.
- Food, gum, and glass containers are prohibited. Plastic water bottles are permitted.
- Cell phones, photographic and recording devices are prohibited in all locker room and restrooms.
- Alcohol, tobacco or drugs of any kind are strictly prohibited.
Water Slide Rules
- Riders must be a minimum of 48-inches tall.
- Riders may only go down the water slide feet first.
Day Use Lockers & Lost/Stolen Items
- Day use lockers are available for your convenience. Please bring your own lock and remove all contents when finished. Locks are not permitted to remain on lockers overnight; locks and all contents are removed nightly. Any remaining contents will be placed in our lost & found.