Click to Home
Site Tools
Valdez Alaska

Go To Search
Business Registration
City Business Registration
Anyone engaging in any type of business in the City of Valdez must first register with the City. Registration is done by simply completing a standard business registration form, paying a $5.00 start-up fee (fee has been waived for 2014 per Resolution #12-72), and submitting a copy of your State of Alaska business license. The registration is renewed annually, usually in January, by submitting the annual renewal.

In addition to the standard business registration form, additional information and documentation maybe required depending on the type of business.

All Business Registration Forms
Form Description Fee
Business Registration Form Submit if you are starting a new business in Valdez and/or are planning on conducting business in Valdez even if your company resides elsewhere. Our office verifies that you hold a valid State of Alaska Business License and then you are issued a "green letter" stating that you can conduct business in Valdez. Fee waived for 2015
Business Registration Renewal Form Yearly business registration renewal for active businesses due January 31st of every year. This form is mailed to active businesses once a year (usually by January). $5 if changes to application - Waived for 2015 per Resolution #12-72
Home Occupation Permit Application Submit if you are operating a business from your home. For further information, reference Ordinance # 98-03. NA
Itinerant Vendor Application Request an Itinerant Vendor license. The license is valid for up to a maximum of 180 days. For further information, review Ordinance # 07-04. $50 fee is waived for 2015. A $500 bond is due in the form of cash or cashier's check and can be redeemed after the 180 day period or held by the City if the vendor wishes to do business the following year and does not want the bond back.
Public Accommodation Tax Certificate of Registration Required for Public Accommodation (hotels, motels, B&B, Inns, etc.) NA

License\Certificate Applications
Form Description Fee
Massage Therapist License Application Application for an massage therapist license; Submit to City Clerk 
Massage Establishment License Application Application for a massage therapists establishment license; Submit to City Clerk
Public Convenience (Taxi Cab) Certificate Application Application for taxi cab certificate; Submit to City Clerk 

View all City of Valdez forms.

If you have any questions, please contact Community and Economic Development at (907) 834-3401.