2020 Business Trick-or-Treat
Valdez Parks & Recreation is excited to coordinate the 2020 Business Trick-or-Treat!
This year's event is scheduled to take place on Friday, October 30th from 3:00 - 5:00PM.
Business Registration is now closed. Thank you to all who are participating!
2020 Business Trick-or-Treat COVID-19 Mitigation Guidelines:
We encourage businesses and community members participating in this year's event to follow our recommended COVID-19 mitigation guidelines. Our goal is to provide a fun and safe event the entire community will enjoy.
- Set up decorations and candy stations outdoors, in a location where social distancing can be maintained.
- Establish your 'line' using social distancing markers, spaced at least 6 feet apart. (Safety cones or tape may work wonderfully!)
- Using freshly washed/sanitized hands, display pre-packaged treats in a manner that encourages participants to only touch what they intend to take. A generously spaced apart grab-and-go set-up will allow for a safer trick-or-treating experience.
- *Require each staff and/or volunteer to wear a face mask or cloth face covering, which covers the mouth and nose. Have spare masks available for staff or volunteers who may not have their own.
- If possible, make hand sanitizer available for use by staff, volunteers and participants.
- Maintain social distance by staying a minimum of 6 feet from anyone outside of your household.
- Please only touch candy/treats you intend to take home.
- *Wear a mask or cloth face covering in communal spaces (including outdoors) where social distancing may be difficult to maintain.
- Bring along hand sanitizer and sanitize hands often. We recommend sanitizing before & after visiting each business & before and after touching your face and/or mask.
- Please do not participate if you or your child(ren) are experiencing even mild symptoms of illness.
- Only visit businesses who are listed on the Participating Business Map/List. Some businesses may not be able to participate due to COVID-19 restrictions, lack of available resources, etc.
*NOTE: Valdez Health Mandate #003 remains in effect. To read the full mandate, including exemptions, visit www.valdezak.gov/covid-19.
If you do not currently have a mask available to use, please reach out to us. We will happily direct you to local resources. High-risk individuals and those who are unable to wear a face mask due to medical reasons are encouraged to follow stay-at-home guidance.
Thank you for doing your part to allow for a festive and safe celebration!
Questions may be directed to Krystal Moulton, Recreation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (907)835-6598 Ext 4.