Pool Rules & Policies
Valdez Pool Rules & Policies
Please keep the following rules and policies in mind while at the Valdez Pool:
- No one is allowed on the pool deck without permission and lifeguard supervision.
- No one is allowed into the water unless there is a lifeguard in rescue ready position and gives permission for patrons to enter.
- Children under the age of 11 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 8 years or younger MUST have an adult with them in the water within arms reach AT ALL TIMES.
- Do not distract the Lifeguard while on stand.
- All patrons MUST wear an appropriate swimsuit. Underwear, sports bras, and other such articles will not be permitted in the pool for health and safety reasons.
- Every patron MUST shower prior to entering the swimming pool.
- All children not yet potty-trained MUST wear a swim diaper. No naked babies. Utilize the diaper changing tables in the locker rooms, diaper changing is not permitted on deck.
- Children over the age of 5 must use the gender appropriate locker room. If children over the age of 5 need assistance, they may use the family changing room.
- Patrons of the opposite gender may not enter the locker room that is not appropriate for them.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairing judgement (including prescription or others) will not be permitted to be in the facility.
- Street or outside shoes are not permitted on the pool deck. Please remove your shoes before walking into the locker rooms or on the pool deck.
- Food, gum, or glass containers are not allowed on the pool deck. Plastic water bottles are the only thing permitted.
- No open wounds, or band-aids on open wounds permitted.
- Cell phones, iPods, tablets, cameras, or any other recording devices are NOT allowed in the locker rooms for the protection of our guests. Lifeguards will kindly take any devices that are out and being used in the locker rooms until the end of the programmed event.
- We are not responsible for any items lost or stolen. We encourage you to lock up your possessions with a lock from home, or leave your valuables at home. Locks are not permitted to remain overnight on lockers.
- No running.
- No spitting.
- No pushing, shoving, dunking, or rough housing of any kind.
- Patrons are not allowed to have others on their shoulders.
- No horse play or excessive noise in the locker rooms.
- No foul language.
- No hanging from, sitting on, or standing on the divider ropes or lane lines.
- No sitting on, standing on, climbing over, walking on the bulkhead of the small pool
- No one is allowed on or hanging from the starting blocks unless given permission from a lifeguard, instructor, or coach.
- No throwing balls from one pool to the other pool.
- Public display of affection is not allowed.
- No flips or back dives from edge of the pool.
- No diving in shallow water. Diving is allowed in water that is 10 feet or deeper only.
- No breath holding games, or any breath holding exercises for more than 15 seconds.
- Fins, kick boards, and pull buoys are allowed for lap swim only.
- No floatation devices or inflatables allowed in the deep end.
- Registration for all swim lessons and party rentals are done at the P&R Office in the Civic Center
Aquatic staff has the right to enforce any additional rules if they feel the situation is unsafe, and have the right to ask persons with disruptive behavior to the leave the facility.